This Page

has been moved to new address

Decorating for Christmas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Decorating for Christmas

Women Living Well Blog

Monday, December 1, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

Have you begun to decorate? I wrote an article similiar to this on the website http://www.womenlivingwell.org/ regarding decorating for the fall. I have the same thoughts on decorating for Christmas...

I so desire to make my home warm and cozy for the family. Think for a moment about how God has surrounded us in the winter season with scenery that is just gorgeous! The fresh fallen snow and icicles display God's glory! Think about the crackle of ice and snow below your feet as you walk - the same crackle sound you heard when you were 5 you hear at 55. There is a continuity about the remembrance of the crisp air and the smell of pine that gives me peace.


Though heaven is our eternal home, God has given us gifts of beauty here on earth - there is beauty in the fields covered with snow, in the sunset over a chilled pond, the frost in the morning on the blades of grass and smoke rising from the chimneys.


Our homes are temporary but they are an opportunity to reflect God in a small measure. Genesis 1:26 says "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness."

We have been created in the image of God and some may be very talented in this area while others are like me but we all have the ability to create something special for our loved ones. Edith Shaefer says "For the Christian who is consciously in communication with the Creator, surely his home should reflect something of the artistry, the beauty and order of the One whom he is representing, and in whose image he has been made!"


God has given you a home whether it's an apartment you share, a farm house, a city home, or a home identical to all your neighbors - it is your home to reflect God's artistry in. So express yourself this Christmas season and take joy in being made in the image of God. Surround those you love with beauty, warmth and love.


Walk with the King!
Courtney

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

You got me all motivated to do my Christmas decorating now! I went to MarthaStewart.com to get a few new ideas, turned on Christmas music, and lit a cinnamon candle. Now all I need to do is get my bible out =) I am requesting the Edith Shaefer book at the library it sounds like something I would love.
Oh, I saw you on RGT that is so great!!! Love you:-)

December 1, 2008 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Yep - I've been lurking on the RGT forum for how long? A year? It was time to join the discussion there (with all my free time hehe!). I have learned so much off of them!

I bet your house is looking beautiful!!!

Love you too!
Courtney

December 1, 2008 at 8:10 PM  
Blogger Kristi Stephens said...

I love that Shaefer quote - thanks for sharing it!

December 1, 2008 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Edith Shaerfer is a powerful writer. I enjoy her train of thought and have learned so much from her perspective!

Thanks for stopping by Kristi and I like your site too!!!
Courtney

December 3, 2008 at 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home