This Page

has been moved to new address

Thanksgiving Stress

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Thanksgiving Stress

Women Living Well Blog

Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving Stress

Thanksgiving is now less than a week away. And the holidays for women are one of the most stressful times of the year. On top of our regular house work we have the addition of either cooking a large meal or packing up the kids and traveling to someone else's home - which is a large ordeal if you are traveling far. Some may be dealing with the loss of a loved one for the first time on a holiday (hugs to you) or you may have to spend time with family members who do not get along. These are not easy things to deal with.


Here's a poem that speaks to my personal stress in this season:
Lions or Gazelles?

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion,
Or it will be killed.
Every morning a lion wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle
Or it will starve to death.
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or gazelle:
When the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

If you feel like you are running from the minute you step out of bed until the minute you fall into bed at night - I want to suggest to you - SLOW DOWN. Slow down. This is not my nature - I by nature am a fast talker - quick walker - fast eater. For as long as I can remember people have told me "slow down" when I talk.


But the one time I slow down is right when I step out of bed. I slow down just long enough to hear God's voice in his word and talk to him about my day and my to-do list and any other burdens. Sleeping may replenish the body but it does not replenish the soul.


So I want to encourage you - it only takes 2 mintues to open God's word and read a verse (and hopefully you'll linger longer if you can). An even more practical tip is to write the verse you read in the morning on the top of your to-do list and read it over and over all day long - every time you look at your list. You have so much on your plate you can't afford to do it without God's strength.

Colossians 3:17 says -"Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks though Him to God the Father."


Walk with the King!
Courtney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home