This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Happy Thanksgiving!

Women Living Well Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! The day is finally here! Hooray! I hope you have a wonderful warm day planned. We will be going to my sister's house tomorrow for our Thanksgiving dinner - so today is a special day with just our family of four.


Since we are having turkey tomorrow - my husband has requested a honey baked ham and I'll be making mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, rolls and a pumpkin pie for my little family to enjoy! And though we are not expecting guests - I'll be pulling out the best china for my family, the crystal and the cloth napkins - because they are the most important people in the world to me and I want them to know that! I am so thankful for them!


My biggest goal for today is to live out Psalm 145:4-6. This passage emphasizes the importance of one generation telling the next generation about God’s glorious splendor. It says “One generation will commend your works to another and they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works and I will proclaim your great deeds.”

It is our job as moms and grandmas and aunts and friends - to tell the next generation of God's awesome works! It says "they will speak" and then "I will meditate" on what they spoke to me. My parents told me of God's glorious splendor and as a child I meditated on that and believed and now it is my turn to proclaim God's glorious splendor to the next generation so that they too will believe.


I am starting a new Thanksgiving tradition today with the kids - I bought a journal and I will record the date and each one of us in our family will record what we are thankful for this year. Then I will put it away in the attic until next year when it is Thanksgiving and then we will pull it back out and continue to record new things every year. Someday when the children are grown - this journal will be priceless and they can read it to their children and proclaim the glorious splendor of our God to the next generation!

Walk with the King!
Courtney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home