This Page

has been moved to new address

A Ginger Bread House vs. My House!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: A Ginger Bread House vs. My House!

Women Living Well Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Ginger Bread House vs. My House!

We built a ginger bread house yesterday and the kids loved it. They loved eating the candy and icing as we built the house -but even more they thoroughly enjoyed creating this new little home. Their imagination went wild with ideas of putting ponies and matchbox cars inside! Now I must admit that though they had some fun ideas - I had veto power. And anything that looked outrageous I had to direct them away from.


In the end, there were two proud sugar plum faces looking up at me and what joy and pleasure they took as daddy was the first to behold our lovely creation! Thank goodness daddy ignored quite a few messy spots and praised the children for their lovely work of art.


Proverbs 14:1 says "The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down." What kind of home are you building? God says a wise woman builds her house. First we need to be home to build it. If we are so busy outside our home that we neglect our home - we fail to build the home of a wise woman.


Secondly, this verse says that the foolish one tears hers down - how do we tear our own houses down? By discouraging words, short patience, displaying a temper, and not walking with God.


If you saw my house today - it actually does resemble the ginger bread house. It's not perfect - it has quite a few messy spots. But it's cheery - there's evidence of children and fun. And though my home does not look like it popped off of the cover of a magazine - it's my creation. And I hope to one day look into the face of God and see him pleased with the home I have labored to build.



I like in Proverbs 15:15 where it says "the cheerful heart has a continual feast." I would love for my home to be as joyful and as satisfying as the days of a festival! It's up to me to "build my home wisely". Who does Proverbs 14:1 say this starts with? Not our husbands but "the wise woman" - it's up to us women to be wise. Where will we find the wisdom we need? In his word! So, Walk with the King and take joy in building your home!


Courtney
http://www.womenlivingwell.org/

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristi Stephens said...

I love that passage of the wise woman building her house- it comes to mind frequently as I go about my days. Tearing our houses down can happen in so many subtle ways...

November 25, 2008 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

You are so right Kristi! Often times we think - I'm cooking, cleaning, and doing the laundry - therefore God is pleased. But God is less concerned with the tasks we accomplish and more concerned about our heart and how we go about accomplishing them.

We cannot master having the right attitude perfectly - we need to daily call on God and ask him for strength and guidance to be a wise woman as we build our home.

By the way - I love your blog on Gideon! You have great meat on your site!

November 25, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home