This Page

has been moved to new address

Ouch! I Burnt My Hand! Hell Must Hurt!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Ouch! I Burnt My Hand! Hell Must Hurt!

Women Living Well Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ouch! I Burnt My Hand! Hell Must Hurt!

Ouch! I burnt my hand boiling some noodles! My pot boiled over and when I went to remove the pot, I sloshed it onto the inside of my right hand! Argh! After running my hand under cold water - which did not ease the pain - my very next thought literally was - "hell must hurt" - because I am in a lot of pain here!


Hell seems like this unreal place that I do not particularly like to visit in my mind. To imagine it, is to fear it and to fear those who may be going there. But Christ talked about it more than anyone else in the Bible. Jesus refers to it as a literal place and describes it in graphic terms like raging fires, or there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth there and there is no hope of comfort. (Luke 16:19-31, Matt. 8:12, 10:28, 13:40-42, Mark 9:43,44)


Randy Alcorn in the book Heaven says "Christ uses the same word translated "eternal" to describe the duration of both Heaven and Hell. Thus, if Heaven will be consciously experienced forever, Hell must be conscioulsy expereinced forever."



So this brings to mind the Jonathon Edwards sermon "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God." I pulled out my copy which has driven my passion to share the gospel with every soul I can find to listen! It reads:



"Your own wickedness weighs you down like lead and is dragging you down toward hell with great weight and force. If God would let you go, you would immediately sink, quickly descending and plunging into the bottomless gulf. All of your health and personal care, all of your best schemes, and all of your own righteousness would no better support you and keep you out of hell than a spider's web would stop a falling rock."



"For now, God stands ready to have pity on you; this is a day of mercy. Now you may cry with the hope of obtaining mercy. But once the day of mercy is past, your most serious and desperate cries for mercy will be in vain."


"O sinner! Think seriously about the fearful danger you are in. God is holding you over a great furnace of wrath, a wide and bottomless pit full of the fire of His wrath. You are hanging by a slender thread with the flames of divine wrath burning around it...Yet, you have no interest in a mediator?"



All roads do not lead to heaven. Only one does: Jesus Christ. He said "No one comes to the Father but through me." (John 14:6) All other roads lead to hell. Sorry for the grim blog today - but maybe it will motivate us all to share the gospel more freely today and to fall on our knees and praise God for our salvation.


Walk with the King!
Courtney
http://www.womenlivingwell.org/

Ps. If you do not know Christ as your personal savior and would like to talk more about this please email me at courtney@womenlivingwell.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home