This Page

has been moved to new address

Whose Business Are You In?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Whose Business Are You In?

Women Living Well Blog

Monday, December 8, 2008

Whose Business Are You In?


This weekend my sister Kristen and I traveled a total of 13 hours in the car with her youngest son and my two children - ages 7, 5, and 3 - it was a long trip! We were headed to my husband's workplace for a Christmas event and the first thing we did when we arrived was to take the children on a tour of my husband's business. He runs a company that manufactures bucket trucks - so for little ones it is always fun to climb on the trucks.


I always knew when my son Alex was a baby, that one day he would be enamored with his Father's business. Well that time has come. For the past few years my husband has brought home trucks to give Alex a ride in. My husband regularly brings home the engineer drawings for Alex to color and regularly they have late night talks regarding how to build or sell a bucket truck.

My son is intrigued and drawn to his Father's business. How about you - are you intrigued and drawn to your Father's business? I don't mean your earthly Father - but your Heavenly Father?

Our heavenly Father is in the business of forgiving sins, redeeming souls, making old creatures new, restoring broken relationships, healing broken hearts and giving strength to the weary. In Luke 2, while Jesus was still a young boy - his parents could not find him. They searched for him everywhere and finally found him in the temple. Jesus said to his parents "Why were you searching for me? Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?"
Baby Jesus was born in Bethlehem to be about his Father's business. And while he lived here on earth he had to be in His Father's house. We are so blessed to have access to God right in our cozy homes - through prayer and the Bible. Enjoy a quiet time with your Father today and then today as you work - remember whose child you are - and be about your Father's business.

Walk with the King!
Courtney

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Courtney,
I can even share that with my 5th graders. Blessings, Sandy Amann

December 8, 2008 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

What a blessing it is to the 5th graders that they have a teacher who guides them in their walk with their heavenly father! What an awesome impact you have - someday in heaven you will have lots of little smiling blessings there!

December 10, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home