This Page

has been moved to new address

In God's Presence

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: In God's Presence

Women Living Well Blog

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

In God's Presence

This morning I am reviewing my memory verse for Bible study and in a few hours I'll be expected to know it and dare I admit - I do not have it memorized yet!!! I could be writing on procrastination this morning - but I'll save that for another day hehe!

So here's the verse I'm working on Psalms 16:11 "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

The Psalmist says "you have made known to me the path of life" - amen! Yes - Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life (Jn. 14:6) and God has made that known to me. Then he says "You will fill me with joy in your presence" - now that statement is GOLDEN! When will I be filled with joy? In God's presence! Here on earth I will never experience full joy because of the sorrows of life - but one day in Heaven, in God's presence, I will have full joy. But for now - on this planet earth - where is my joy found? In God's presence.

If you are struggling to have joy in your life - start first by getting into the presence of God - turn the television and ipod off, get on your knees and speak to God Almighty the creator of the heavens and earth. He hears your prayers - he loves you and cares for you! He longs for you to open the Bible and hear his words of comfort or guidance.

If you are struggling to have joy in your marriage - go to God's word and be refreshed in his presence. If you are struggling in your parenting - finding anger and frustration more than joy - turn to God and ask him to help you. If you are fearful of your financial state and it's robbing you of joy - turn to God and cast your anxiety on him - he cares for you! Whatever it is - he bids you to come and find joy and rest in his presence.

The verse ends by saying there are "eternal pleasures at your right hand." We find momentary pleasures on Youtube or shopping with the girls - and God isn't offering those fleeting pleasures - he is offering you ETERNAL pleasures! Have you experienced this joy and pleasure in your life? They come with the price tag of Christ's blood shed for you. Pursue it.

Do not turn away this pleasure he offers you - go to his presence and Walk with the King!
Courtney Joseph
Ps. What did you read in your quiet time? Anyone feel comfortable to share?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home