This Page

has been moved to new address

Fatigue and Exhaustion

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Fatigue and Exhaustion

Women Living Well Blog

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fatigue and Exhaustion

On Tuesday at Bible study a few of us mom's were agreeing that one of the things that steals our joy is fatigue and exhaustion. I've already written for days on joy - so now I want to address what I believe is one of the main thieves of joy for women.


I know many of us are in different walks of life - but one thing we have in common is that we are tired. Your tiredness could be from many factors - from college work to newborn babies to waiting up late for your teens to arrive home from dates - it all brings one thing - fatigue!


For me it's my pace of life. Does your calendar look crazy for the next 7 weeks?! The holiday season quickly fills our calendars with "fun" events that can exhaust us women and steal our joy! Not to mention that whether we have a full calendar or not there are clothes to be washed, floors to be mopped, and meals to be cooked.


When we get physically weary we give the enemy an open door to attack us. We become irritable, lazy in our disciplines whether it's in our quiet times or our eating habits and mood swings. We lose the joy in our call to be a wife and mom - because these other "fun" activities are stealing our joy! Isn't that ironic?


So what's the solution? The calendar is full - there may not be much you can do to change that. And I'm pretty sure there will always be laundry, meals and a clean house needed - so I think of Hebrews 13:15 which says "Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise." In moments of stress the last thing we feel like doing is praise God! But then that is why it is referred to as a "sacrifice".


Praise is not optional in our walk with God. When we praise the Lord He fills us with His presence and refreshes and refuels our spirits. Whether it's an overflow of thanksgiving or a cry out of emptiness - praise is the answer.

So my confession - I have begun to play Christian Christmas music in my home and in my car - I know it's a little early - that's why it's a confession - please tell me I am not alone! Yep - the CD's are rockin' and yesterday the kids and I were singing falalalalalalala as we drove down the road. If you were a fly on the window you would have seen a car full of smiling faces - it works!

Walk with the King!
Courtney

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not alone on the Christmas music! LOVE it! Just don't fly down the road too fast--we don't need a speeding ticket around the holidays! haha!

November 13, 2008 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Yaaaa - I'm glad to hear there's another early bird enjoying the music! I love it! And of course not - I would never speed ha!

November 13, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home