This Page

has been moved to new address

My Summer Book List

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: My Summer Book List

Women Living Well Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

My Summer Book List


Here are the books I am working my way through this summer(and I made a HUGE mistake with this picture and FORGOT TO INCLUDE MY BIBLE ugh! The Bible would be at the top of the stack as I daily read in it first!~). I am not recommending any of these books as I have not finished many of them yet. But for those who wonder - this is what I'm reading! Here are the categories and titles:


My Walk with God:
Just Give Me Jesus by Anne Graham Lotz (I'm 100 pages in and it is excellent! I am doing this with a group of girls from my church! Fun!)



My Marriage:
Intimacy Ignited by Linda Dillow and Lorraine Pintus (Their book Intimate Issues is EXCELLENT and I highly recommend it)


My Parenting:
The Family by RJ Miller
Raising Maidens of Virtue by Stacey McDonald (Her book Passionate Housewives Desperate for God was an inspiring read)
Financial Peace Jr. by Dave Ramsey (for teaching our children how to manager their money - my husband will be leading the family through this)


My Homemaking:
Sink Reflections by The Flylady (This one is finished - I got it at the library. It was a good read!)

My Friendships:
Friendships for Grown-Ups by Lisa Whelchel


My Finances:
More Than Enough by Dave Ramsey


My Ministry:
Purple Cow by Seth Godin (I got it at the library and I have finished it. This is not a Christian book - it's a book that has been recommended by some of the big time bloggers so I thought I'd see what the fuss was all about.)



A book that is not in the picture but I just finished reading is "Grace Is For Sinners" by Serena Woods. Serena writes "The purpose of this book is to reach out to those who have fallen in their walk of faith and give insight to those who have watched somebody fall."


So what's on your summer reading list? Have you read any of the above - what are your thoughts on them?


Walk with the King!


Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Courtney, I just know if it is on your list, it's worth reading! Thank you for sharing and have a beautiful weekend!
XOXO
Suzanne

July 23, 2010 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger kimmy said...

Awesome! Loove to hear what you are reading and what others are reading as well. Obviously I am reading Just give me Jesus by Ann Graham Lotz as well since we are in the study together:) Good book!! Since Im preggers I am mostly reading books about twins pregnancy and pregnancy in general however I am just starting the "Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" by the La Leche League. Hoping it does wonders for me this time around!! We shall see!! I am not hardcore nurser but after my experience last time around I am hoping to equip myself better and have more info to prepare me for a better experience:)

July 23, 2010 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm currently reading Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey and I just finished Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall & Denver Moore...both excellent books!

July 23, 2010 at 10:31 AM  
Anonymous becca banana said...

I'm reading Bringing Up Girls by Dobson. Really good stuff.

I was looking at Amazon's preview of the Friendship for Grownups. I think I will be reading this soon!

July 23, 2010 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Kami Gimenez said...

Hello Courtney,
I just ordered Intimacy Ignited! I can't wait to get it in the mail, it sounds like a great book for my husband and I to read together. Other than that, I'll just be reading anything in french! (I've told myself I won't get too wrapped up in English books until we're done with language school) (Except for my English Bible, of course!)
I've enjoyed finding your blog, thanks for being a blessing!
Kami

July 23, 2010 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Jaime @ Like a Bubbling Brook said...

Great list!

I just finished "Inside American Education" by Thomas Sowell, and am in the middle of "The Real Lincoln" by Thomas DiLorenzo. And then I've been reading my Bible every morning, of course! :)

I just wrote a post about the children's books we've enjoyed this summer here: http://likeabubblingbrook.blogspot.com/2010/07/childrens-books-weve-enjoyed-this.html

July 23, 2010 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Kimmy, I wanted to let you know that as a mom of twins who exclusively breastfed, the Nurse EZ boppy was a must for starting out! Good luck with it! Having twins is so much fun.

As for books- I may be the last person on the planet, but I'm reading Purpose Driven Life with my husband. Also, That's My Son by Rick Johnson (since I have three boys)

July 23, 2010 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Gertha said...

Thank you for sharing. I admire your diligence. I am so thankful I happened upon your blog almost a year ago now:-). Currently, I am reading Blessing Your Husband; Understanding and Affirming Your Man by Debra Evans. I am gaining much needed insight and new found perspectives. Thank you for being such a blessing to me and others!!!!

July 23, 2010 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is quite a list!

I am currently reading:

1. Vintage Jesus by Mark Driscoll for Sunday School
2. Sink or Walk on Water for a Bible study (not sure of the author)
3. Heidi by Johanna Spryi with my little girl
4. Even Now by Karen Kingsbury for fun
5. 30 Days to Taming Your Tongue (not sure of the author - I'm at work)
6. A Wife After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George

And I just finished "The Happening" by Harvey Yoder about the school killing that happened in Amish Country in 2006 and the grace those people showed during this terrible time! And, of course, my Bible - doing a chronological reading and currently working through Exodus.

July 23, 2010 at 3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to pick up some of the books you've got! Here's my reading list: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thelongs08/4821676459/

July 23, 2010 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger morninglight mama said...

I like how you've organized your reading- certainly shows a purpose to your reading.

-Dawn, 5minutesforbooks.com

July 27, 2010 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Looks like a great list. I just got the just Give Me Jesus.
I really enjoy reading as you do!

Amy @ Missional Mama

July 27, 2010 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Bev said...

Courtney, I'm a little late to the party but wanted to comment on a few of the books on your list. Anything by Linda Dillow - excellent (you probably know that). I've read everything she's written and am always blessed. I've attended two Dave Ramsey seminars (took our married kids to the second one) and we've been following him for about ten years - wish we'd started earlier but it absolutely made a huge difference in our finances and being able to retire on time. Just read Lisa Whelchel's Friendship for Grownups - good read with some great lines I jotted in my quote book. This was a particular blessing to me as we just recently moved across the country, so we're starting all over making connections and I want to choose well, and be the good friend someone else is praying for. Same Kind of Different as Me is next on my nightstand and I've heard excellent things about it - happy reading!

August 3, 2010 at 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Serena Woods said...

Courtney, Thank you for recommending my book to your readers. I know they respect you and your opinion, so it means a lot. :)

Serena

October 14, 2010 at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home