This Page

has been moved to new address

Tasty Tuesday: Edible Fruit Arrangement

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Tasty Tuesday: Edible Fruit Arrangement

Women Living Well Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Edible Fruit Arrangement

In honor of Valentine's Day this week, I wanted to feature something special for Tasty Tuesday. This picture below is of my friends, Kara and Justin. Justin made this Edible Fruit Arrangement for Kara at Christmas time. I think the time he spent on it says LOVE big time! So I thought maybe some of you ladies might want to make one for your hubby, children or for a friend. Justin explained his process step by step:
"I used watermelon, red grapes, pineapple, cantaloupe, and honeydew. The kitchen tools included a standard paring knife, cookie cutters, a crinkle cutter and melon ball-er.

The base that the wooden skewers went into was a chunk of watermelon. Other suggestions included; a head of lettuce for clear bowls or for solid bowls you could use homemade play-do or one of the standard green foam floral pieces. The floral piece if used should be covered in plastic wrap first to keep the food from touching it.

The filler pieces between the fruit could be anything from fresh parsley to green or red leaf lettuce. I used the pieces off the top of my pineapple to keep from buying more product that was just filler anyway and wouldn't be eaten.

I believe the biggest trick to getting this to work well was to use cookie cutters that were thick and had no top handle on them so that the cookie cutter could be pushed all the way through the fruit. The thickness helped when putting the fruit on the skewer, the thin pieces break easily especially the pineapple.

Some arrangements use strawberries and other fruits and dip them in chocolate which looks nice. This project does take some time. If you want to see some others go to http://www.ediblearrangements.com/ and try to copy one."

I went to the Edible Arrangements website that Justin suggested and the Valentine Arrangements are adorable! These would be fun for Easter or a summer picnic too!

I am participating in Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, Dining With Debbie , Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Tuesdays at the Table recipe exchanges. For more blogger recipes go to these links.


Walk with the King!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! I am very impressed, Justin!

Kelly L

February 9, 2010 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger Regina Coblentz said...

Wow.....very nice!! That is a great idea. I'll be checking out that website. Thanks for sharing.

February 9, 2010 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Georgeous! I've done a couple edible fruit arrangements in the past. Need to attempt it again. :D

February 9, 2010 at 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Julie@comehaveapeace said...

Really beautiful. I haven't done an edible fruit creation before. I am sure my daughter would really enjoy doing this with me.

February 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM  
Anonymous April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Healthy, delicious and beautiful - who could ask for more? Thanks for sharing.

February 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing this with us! I've seen the Edible Arrangements but never thought of trying to make one at home!

February 9, 2010 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They can make the most awesome arrangements! I have sent several as gifts before. Come join me for Crock Pot Wednesday and the February giveaway.

February 9, 2010 at 5:55 PM  
Blogger kimmy said...

He did a great job!!! What a good guy!!The things our men will do for us to show love!!

February 9, 2010 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger SnoWhite said...

That is so cool!

February 9, 2010 at 10:51 PM  
Blogger LeAnn said...

I have seen these before, but never considered making one myself. Well, that has all changed now! Thanks for your great posting. ~

February 10, 2010 at 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

WOW! Gorgeous.

February 10, 2010 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Morgan said...

That is very impressive indeed! My husband is telling me that those are very expensive to buy. How cool that Justin made it himself! Thanks for sharing, and thank you for the Tasty Tuesday Info- I will check it out some more!

February 15, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home