This Page

has been moved to new address

Saying "I Love You" to Your Children

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Saying "I Love You" to Your Children

Women Living Well Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

Saying "I Love You" to Your Children


"I LOVE YOU, JOHNNY!"

I love you, Johnny, said mother one day,
I love you more than I can say,
Then she answered his questions with,
Don't bother me now!"
And just didn't have time to show him how
To tie his truck to his tractor and plough,
But she washed her windows and scrubbed the floor
And baked and cooked and cleaned some more.

"Bring the boy next door in?" "Well, I should say not,
You'll mess up the floors and I don't want a spot."
"No, we don't have time for a story today,
Mother's too busy cooking, so run out and play,
Maybe tomorrow," she said with a sigh,
And Johnny went out almost ready to cry.

"I love you, Johnny," again she said,
As she washed his face and sent him to bed.
Now how do you think that Johnny guessed
Whether 'twas he or the house that
she really loved best?



Walk With the King!

http://www.womenlivingwell.org/

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I remind the MOMS it teach that while my guys were at home I was raising boys, not a house!! Blessings.

February 27, 2009 at 7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh this get me everytime!!Its so hard and I hate that I have to do all the housework when I just want to play with her! The balance is so hard!

February 27, 2009 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Yes, it is so hard to balance the desire to be Betty Homemaker, Betty Crocker, and a good mother. My husband wants a clean home - so I want to please him also. So it really is balance and the key for me has been in bringing the children along side of me as I do my chores making it fun for them. But the older they get the less they see it as fun and the more I am tempted to send them to run along and play while I clean. I still have a lot of learning to do in this area!

February 27, 2009 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger md said...

What a good reminder for all us moms. Although we can't just let our house chores go we do have kids who need us, and they will be grown and out of the house all too soon :)

February 28, 2009 at 3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I hope you'll come back often.

March 1, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home