This Page

has been moved to new address

Time Management and My December Beast

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Time Management and My December Beast

Women Living Well Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Time Management and My December Beast

C.J. Mahaney says "Busyness does not mean I am diligent; busyness does not mean I am faithful; busyness does not mean I am fruitful."

Well that's not a very encouraging quote is it???? But it can be true. We may be up early and up late and exhausted yet still be buried under a to-do list that is a replica of yesterday's because whatever was on the list did not get done. This is my case. I don't know if I procrastinated or have been too busy doing other important things - but for some reason I am living the movie "Ground Hogs Day" everyday! Every day I think - "I still need to get those cards in the mail. I still need to bake cookies. I still need to wrap presents." and everyday those items stay on the to-do list while I do laundry, go to concerts, parties, school plays, grocery shop and clean!
.
The December schedule has been a beast and in 7 short days I will have conquered it. Vince Lombardi once said "I never lost a game, I just ran out of time.”
.
Time is of the essence now and the to-do list has to be checked off; therefore, I can see late nights looming in my future unless I buckle down and get serious about time management for the next week.
.
All of my time is God's time. My life is his and yet he has given me this time to manage. We all have equal hours in a day and though we feel free to use them freely as we wish - one day we will give an account for how we spent our time.
.
Psalm 39:4 and 5 read "Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath."

Remember - life is fleeting. It's easy for us women to get bent out of shape over clutter and undone to-do lists. But we must remember "our life is but a breath". Use every minute for God's glory. Do not become impatient and grumpy with your family members over an undone to-do list.
Does anyone else still feel like they have a beast to conquer? Let's pray for each other and remember to walk in the Spirit as we work diligently to complete our to-do lists!

"Work is love made visible."

Walk with the King!
Courtney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home