This Page

has been moved to new address

One Week Until a New President

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: One Week Until a New President

Women Living Well Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One Week Until a New President

Wow - can you believe - in just one week the Presidential race will finally be over?

The 19th Ammendment guaranteed that women would have equal access to the voting booth. "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex."-Passed by Congress June 4, 1919

I sent in my absentee ballot yesterday so my job is done and now I pray and wait. Less than a month ago, I was taking a different stance - I was engaging in debates and "quarreling". Proverbs 13:10 really convicted me - it says "Pride only breeds quarrels." In my pride - I found myself feeling like I had to engage every conversation on the subject of the next president. God humbled me by allowing an email I sent to a woman ,that I did not write in humility but in a prideful spirit, to be forwarded to many other Christian women. Once my very flawed email was exposed - my eyes were opened to my pride and I took off the gloves and decided I'd fight this battle on my knees rather than in a boxing ring!


Theodore Roosevelt once said "Every thinking man , when he thinks, realizes that the teachings of the Bible are so interwoven and entwined with our whole civic and social life that it would be literally - I do not mean figuratively, but literally - impossible for us to figure what that loss would be if these teachings were removed. We would lose all the standards by which we now judge both public and private morals; all the standards towards which we, with more or less resolution, strive to raise ourselves."

We must stand up for truth. We have seen the standards in our country begin to slip due to the removal of God's teachings. Theodore Roosevelt could not imagine what America would look like without the Bible's teachings and standards in America - but I can - because America has drifted from Roosevelt's respect of God's word. We must stand up for truth humbly and fight on our knees in prayer. Join me for the next seven days - commit to praying everyday for our next President.

II Chronicles 7:14 says "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Walk With the King!
Courtney

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home