This Page

has been moved to new address

Tasty Tuesday: How to Make a Princess Cake

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Tasty Tuesday: How to Make a Princess Cake

Women Living Well Blog

Monday, August 3, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: How to Make a Princess Cake

Yesterday I posted - how to throw a princess party and today I want to share with you how to make a princess party cake!

Princess Cake

Ingredients
Shortening
Flour
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
2 (16 ounce) packages vanilla frosting
A couple drops of food coloring - your choice


Cooking Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2-quart ovenproof Pyrex glass mixing bowl with shortening and dust with flour.
2. Prepare cake as directed on box. Pour batter into prepared bowl.
3. Bake 50-60 minutes or until cake tester inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
4. Invert on cake plate with widest part of cake on the bottom. Cool 3 hours before decorating.
5. Insert a clean doll into center of cake. Decorate the skirt with icing tinted any color or use more than one color. Use a decorator tip to make the skirt as fancy as you like. I used the star tip.


Also, here's the link on how to make a castle cake! If this princess cake is not large enough to serve your guests - you could make a castle to go along with it!



I am participating in "In Passionate Pursuit's" Tasty Tuesday and in Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday. For more blogger recipes go to these links



Walk with the King!

http://www.womenlivingwell.org/

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

How fun!! Good for you! Looked at the previous post, as well. You have a lovely princess!

August 3, 2009 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger MadeInCanarias said...

What a great idea. I'm sure your princess loved it.

August 4, 2009 at 6:34 AM  
Blogger UnfinishedMom said...

What a pretty cake. My daughter asked for a princess cake for her birthday this year. So, I'm pretty sure I'll be back in December to look at yours (she plans ahead that girl of mine!)

August 4, 2009 at 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cake is so darned cute. What little girl would not love it.

August 4, 2009 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a pretty cake!

August 4, 2009 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Beautiful cake! You did an amazing job!!!!

August 4, 2009 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger annies home said...

these are super cute and I will be making one or maybe both for my granddaughters first birthday

August 4, 2009 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember making one of these during a cake decorating class. My daughter loved itThanks so much for sharing. I hope you will join me at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesdays. The giveaways this weeks are really great!

August 4, 2009 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I've always wanted to make one of these. . . I guess it will have to wait for the granddaughters :)

August 4, 2009 at 4:11 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Beautiful! Boy that takes me back ... my mom was a wonderful cake decorator and made me one just like it when I was about six! ;0)

And yes, I agree that you and I seem to be kindred spirits, Courtney! Our header, homemaking themes, princess parties and of course the most important thing: our God! ;0) Wish we lived closer so we could have a good long chat over lunch and shopping! ;0) Maybe the next time I get to Ohio!

August 4, 2009 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Nicole Feliciano said...

My princess would love this! I hope you'll stop by for Friday Feats at Momtrends. Here's this week's link:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/08/friday-feasts-poached-salmon.html

August 7, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home