This Page

has been moved to new address

Knowing God's Will

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Knowing God's Will

Women Living Well Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Knowing God's Will


The first time I EVER babysat I did a horrific thing! I was babysitting for my neighbors across the street and I put their children down for a nap. Then I sat down in the living room to watch TV and moments later I noticed another neighbor outside. Being the extrovert that I am, I thought I'd go out and just wave high. Why Oh why did I feel compelled to wave??? So I stepped outside - and you know what happened - the door LOCKED!


My intentions were not bad...but I made a very bad decision and became a really incompetent babysitter quickly! Luckily, I could run across the street to my parents and call the mother BUT it was terribly embarrassing to admit what I had done. The family was gracious and did continue to use me as a sitter - but the fear I had that day that the door locked - still sticks with me. I had failed to do what was best - and I should have known better!


Have you been there? Completely locked out of the center of God's will? Have you done or said something you completely regretted and didn't know how to correct it?


Everyone has regrets in life. One thing I have learned from my regrets is that I must walk with God daily and take everything to him because my gut and heart can lead me in the wrong direction - I just don't trust myself anymore! God is my anchor and my guide. I want to be directly behind him and go where he leads me. But how can we know God's will? There is only ONE way - to be in his word and pray every single day.


Romans 12:2 says "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."


Doing this one thing - renewing your mind daily in God's word will literally change the course of your life! It does not mean your life will be perfect - but it does mean you will remain in the center of God's will - and there's no better place on earth than resting in the center of God's will.


Daily we must seek to know God's will and it's in his written word. Daily we must renew our minds or we will be conformed to this world. Daily - daily - daily... here's the key word for doing this daily ...discipline - discipline yourself daily to Walk with the King! You can't afford to be locked out of God's will for just one day. Walk with the King and you will experience the truth of Romans 12:2 - "you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."


If you don't know where to start - start with Romans chapter 12 - it is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible - my husband and I memorized this chapter together when we were dating. It has a lot of solid counsel for relationships. So dive in and rest in the center of God's will.

Walk with the King!


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Julie@comehaveapeace said...

Such a great picture and such a great "nutshell reminder" of how to live in God's will. And now I know I'm in good company ... I have a few memories of babysitting adventures I'm not so proud of. :)

July 31, 2009 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger kimmy said...

I love Romans 12!!I too memorized it as a junior higher and much of it sticks with me still! I constantly struggle with the daily discipline of being in his word and I hate when I miss it because I know the truth of it and know that I screw up badly when I'm not in it! I also am in the bad babysitting mishaps dept as well!It will help me to be understanding of the babysitters we will use some day!lol

July 31, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home