This Page

has been moved to new address

Losing My Mind!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Losing My Mind!

Women Living Well Blog

Monday, July 27, 2009

Losing My Mind!


So I went to the attic the other day. I needed something that was up there. So up I went - boy was it hot up there! Then I walked to the back of the attic and stood there - hmph - I couldn't remember why I had gone up there - what exactly was it that I needed? I wandered around a little to see if I would see what I was looking for and remember and well - nothing came to me. So I stood there and thought...I'm losing my mind!!!

Now I'm starting to sweat because it's so hot up here - but I'm not budging because I know there's something up here I need - just what is it?... I think through what I was doing right before I came up to the attic - nothing is ringing a bell. ARGH! What did I need - now I feel stubborn - I am NOT going back down without whatever it was that I need - but WHAT did I need exactly? Did I take a wrong turn - did I go to the attic by accident???

I wrack my brain - it finally hits me - a bottle of lotion! Yes - I buy my lotion in bulk at Bath and Body Works when they have big sales and I store it in the attic! So I got my lotion and headed back down stairs - all sweaty!

Do you ever feel like you have so much going on you are losing your mind?


Peace of mind - do you long for it? In just 4 short weeks summer will be over and fall will be at our doorstep. Have you taken the time to watch the sun rise and just meet with Jesus peacefully in the warm summer morning? Have you taken the time to meditate on God's word and let the Psalms comfort you, the Proverbs counsel you, the gospels draw you nearer to Jesus and Revelation to fill your heart with hope? Have you sat with God and just talked with him about your struggles, pains, frustrations - giving him all your cares in exchange for peace? Are you seeking God's will for your life or some answers to some difficult situations? Have you sat still long enough to renew your mind in his word so you can know his will rather than lose your mind?


Slow down...enjoy these last few weeks of summer. Take the time today to renew your mind. Romans 12:2 sits on my window sill in the kitchen. It's a prayer I pray over my children before we leave the house sometimes. Pray this verse over each person in your household today: Lord , help us to "not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of our mind. Then we will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."

Walk with the King!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I think I have lost a little more brain power with each child. I do stuff like that all the time and then stand there like a dummy trying to remember what I was looking for! Do you notice a difference in the lotion that's been stored in the attic? I'd love to stick some clothes up there in some tupperware bins, but I worry about them getting discolored.

July 27, 2009 at 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Julie@comehaveapeace said...

Such an excellent reminder, Courtney. As summer's end starts to come into focus, I start asking myself questions about how I've used it and what needs to rise to the top of the remaining weeks. Thanks for the nudge. :)

July 27, 2009 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Hope said...

Thank you for this post! It was a gentle reminder to me of what the Lord just showed me this weekend but I had already put up on my shelf so to speak. It is so easy to go too fast and concentrate on the task at hand rather than the Who is in control. Not sure how many times I will need to hear these words before I actually obey them but I thank you for allowing the Lord to speak through you today. :)

July 27, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Amanda - I thought the lotion might get watery - because I have kept some up there for at least a year at a time through the summer heat - and it all has stood up just fine. I have a bunch of BAth and Body Works candles (10+ - I use as gifts or in my bathrooms when company are over) too that I bought over a year ago and they are looking good too :-) I've stored this stuff up there for years...at every semi-annual sale I wait till they are at the bottom of the pricing and bulk up.

But my sisters have told me not to store children's clothing in the attic because the whites will yellow. So I store children's clothing in bins in the basement.

July 27, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home