This Page

has been moved to new address

This Must Be Number 1 On Your To-do List

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: This Must Be Number 1 On Your To-do List

Women Living Well Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This Must Be Number 1 On Your To-do List

Yesterday I looked at I Corinthians 15 and how we will one day be resurrected with Jesus in heaven. Heavenly bodies - how exciting! I could blog all day about our culture and how it causes women to have body issues - but I'll spare you!!! Let's just say that getting a new body sounds wonderful to me!!!!


So let's move on to the final verse in this chapter that is powerful! I Corinthians 15:58 says "Therefore my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves FULLY to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."


So our conclusion to the fact that one day we will rise again is to stand firm! Let nothing move you. But don't just stand there and do nothing - stand firm and get working! Give yourself FULLY to the work of the Lord. Why? Because it's not in vain - heaven awaits us!!!


So then the question comes - what actually is "the work of the Lord"? Does this mean we have to all become missionaries or staff at church? Nope! When you cheerfully fold your 6th load of laundry for the day - you are doing the work of the Lord. Serving your family IS the work of the Lord.


Some days you may feel like giving up - but God wants you to stand firm. Take that huge to-do list you have for today and do it FULLY for him. God is calling everyone to give themselves FULLY to Him to be used as his hands and feet to do His work.


In different seasons of life you will be given different kinds of work to do FULLY for Jesus. This season of life requires me to support my husband as he runs his business, train my children to follow Jesus, clean up vomit (which I've had to do about 5 times in the last five days - sure wish the kids would get it INTO the bowl!!!), cook and clean all with a cheerful heart!!! My hearts desire is to do it FULLY! I want to be the best wife, mommy, homemaker and blogger I can be.


I have a lot to learn in all of these areas - I am so far from where I dream of being - but I know my labor is not in vain! Do you ever feel discouraged like your work is in vain? Maybe you served at church or at a Vacation Bible School or shared the gospel with lost friends - but there seemed to be no fruit. Maybe you serve your husband and children, and pray daily for them all - but they are not walking with the Lord and your labor feels in vain. Regardless of what you can see with your own eyes - you are storing up treasures in heaven. So give YOURSELF FULLY to the work of the Lord - This must be number 1 on your to-do list today.


Walk with the King!

http://www.womenlivingwell.org/

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Clare said...

I love it. Great reminder for me today!

April 15, 2009 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger Regina Coblentz said...

Thanks Courtney for sharing this. Some days I can lean towards having a bad attitude about house cleaning, etc. I know that this is what the Lord wants from me right now and I need to do this with a cheerful heart.

April 15, 2009 at 8:08 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Great reminder of how the little things we do aren't so little after all! Thanks for sharing!

April 15, 2009 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

Wonderful!! I know there are times when I am busy cleaning wondering if it even matters.
Your post is a wonderful reminder that it is so important for each of us to find joy in all the everyday tasks we do because afterall - we are serving our God.

April 15, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home