This Page

has been moved to new address

Setting your 2009 Budget

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Setting your 2009 Budget

Women Living Well Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Setting your 2009 Budget

Every year at the beginning of January my husband and I sit down together and set our budget for the new year. We use a software system where we track our receipts, bank account, credit card (we have one credit card that we absolutely never carry a balance on) and direct withdrawals. Keith always invites me to help shape the budget since I know what birthdays fall in what months. For example in April my daughter will have her birthday, so I want to be sure there is extra money in the budget for presents and groceries for a party. But there is also another holiday that month - Easter - so we'll need to budget for a Easter baskets and a new little dress.


Our budget is very detailed as we look at what month we will be traveling, needing new clothes for sports, fees for swim class, holidays, etc. If you have not gotten your finances in order - this could be your year to set a budget and live well!


At http://www.womenlivingwell.org/ I am spotlighting a Titus 2 Woman, Sandy, on the area of finances this month. She may have some advice that could encourage you! So hop on over there and check Sandy out!


Remember what Jesus said in Matthew 6:33 and 34 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."


The key to setting a good budget is living according to it. First, the budget must be within your means and then second you must discipline yourself to abide by it! That's the challenge for me - especially with all these big sales right now. Yesterday I was in the mall and passing up the sales was like passing up popcorn at the movies - the sensory overload killed me - but I managed to walk through and do my exchange without giving in - plus if you saw my closets - you would confirm that I do not need any new clothes - I simply need to get more organized with the clothes I already have!!!! But that is the topic of a blog for another day!


Walk with the King!
Courtney

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home