This Page

has been moved to new address

Setting Goals for 2009 - Goal #2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Setting Goals for 2009 - Goal #2

Women Living Well Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Setting Goals for 2009 - Goal #2

Yesterday I turned to page one in my prayer journal, from January 1st, 2008. There I have listed my 2008 goals. Yesterday I reviewed goal number one in regards to my walk with God. Today I am looking at goal number two - regarding my marriage.The way I list my goals each year is methodical. First, I make a goal in regards to how I can improve my walk with God, then my marriage, then my parenting, then my health, and then my ministry.

So goal #2 in 2008 was: "To show more interest in the things that interest my husband." So to get my evaluation on this goal - I went to the source and I asked my husband - "how did I do on this this year?" We both agreed that I still do not watch UFC fights with him because they are too gory for me - but that I take a serious interest in his work and his people at work, which is his passion. So I did so/so. I could stand to work on this more in 2009.


But it's time to make a new goal for 2009 in my marriage. There are so many facets and areas of our marriage I could zoom in on and work on - but some of them are not wise to share with the "world wide web".

But I'm going to share something that I do need to work on and I hope others relate to this so I don't look so hideous! Rarely do I disrespect my husband verbally. I have a high respect for him and I desire to obey God's word where it says in Ephesians 5:33 "the wife must respect her husband."

But I have noticed that at times, disrespectful thoughts creep into my mind and I will entertain the thought - maybe stew about it - get bitter about a situation. Then days later - it comes tumbling out of my mouth when I am under stress. This creates some ugly moments.

I have a wonderful husband who is forgiving and kind to me but I regret that I have even had such thoughts. Kay Arthur once said "We must frisk our thoughts at the door of our minds with Philippians 4:8 and ask "Is this true? Is this noble? Is this right? Is this pure? Is this lovely? Admirable? Excellent? Praiseworthy? Think about such things."

My prayer is that I would be highly sensitive and aware of the damage these thoughts can do to my marriage and that I would always entertain good, true, noble, right, pure, lovely and respectful thoughts of my husband no matter what the circumstances!

I know it's a tall order - but one day I will stand alone before God to answer for the way I have thought about my husband, lover and best friend and I want to hear "well done"! How about you? Are you making any goals for 2009?

Walk with the King!
Courtney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home