This Page

has been moved to new address

Loving God

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Loving God

Women Living Well Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Loving God

Loving God - it's a hard thing to "master". There are days that I am convinced that I love God more than anything else in the world and there are days I wonder what in the world is wrong with my heart? I can be so out of balance. I dream of long quiet times using the "Bible Reading Plan" I shared yesterday and yet finding that time in my day is so difficult. It's a challenge but it comes down to what do I love more - God - or the things that take me away from time with God. It comes down to three key words for me... Love. Discipline. Balance.


Love the Lord. Not your stuff.
Love the Lord. Not your hobbies.
Love the Lord. Not your collections.
Love the Lord. Not your toys.
Love the Lord. Not your movies.
Love the Lord. Not your internet.
Love the Lord. Not your TV shows.
Love the Lord. Not your extra activities that take you away from your husband and children.
Love the Lord.Follow Him.
(Taken from Mrs. E at Homeschooler Blog - Living Sacrifice)


Matthew 22:35-38 says "One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: "Teacher which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment."

Walk with the King!
Courtney
http://www.womenlivingwell.org/

4 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I'm in the same boat with you! I feel like I love God with all my heart, but then there are those days that I allow "other things" to get in the way of me spending time in God's Word and it makes me question whether or not I really do love Him with all my heart. My desire is.....yet I feel like I fail at it sometimes. I just need to be more disciplined in this area in my life and not allow "other things" to get in the way.

January 7, 2009 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

It's the reality of our impefection that rears its ugly head when we try hard to do what is right and fail!

When we are weak - then he is strong! Keep abiding in Christ - with him all things are possible!

Love you,
CJ

January 7, 2009 at 6:07 PM  
Blogger Aimie said...

This is a beautiful post & a great reminder. :)

January 7, 2009 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Aimie! Good to meet you! I flipped over to your blog and enjoyed your post on salads - I need to be eating more of those these days!

Keep Living Well!
Courtney

January 8, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home