This Page

has been moved to new address

How to Handle Insults

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: How to Handle Insults

Women Living Well Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

How to Handle Insults

Criticism can come from so many avenues - it can come from - parents, in-laws, friends, co-workers, our children, and even our husbands.

Webster's dictionary defines insult as "to treat with contempt, indignity, or to offend."

So how do we as God fearing women handle insults? Let's see how Jesus handled them.

As Christ hung on the cross Matthew 27:39 & 40 tell us, "Those who passed by hurled insults at Him, shaking their heads and saying... "Come down from the cross, if you are the Son of God."

Argh! How frustrating it must have been for Christ to listen to their insults. He could have jumped off that cross with no problem!!! He is God! He could have said to them - "just give me three days and then see if I still need to prove that I'm the Son of God to you!"

Can you even imagine having the power of Christ and not responding to these insults! Since Christ would not come down he appeared powerless but Christ crucified is the Power of God! He had only one response to the insults found in Luke 23:34. Jesus said "Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing."

Christ prayed for the forgiveness of these men who hurled insults at him. We should do the same. The world does not usually respond this way - they say - stand up for yourself - you have a right to be bitter and angry. But Christ did not express this sort of emotion. He only expressed sympathy and prayed for them.

Today - pray for someone who has hurt you. Pray that God forgives them and that you too would forgive them.

Walk with the King!
Courtney

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your true words concerning "handling insults". I am continuously insulted and disrespected and belittled by my boss. I react in anger and anxiety. I fight the impulse to lash back at her. She has her favorites and I'm not one of them. I am a christian and although most websites say to stand up for myself - your reminder of how Jesus reacted to insults is a perfect picture of what my reaction should be no matter how imperfect. I have peace when I pray for her and myself. Thank you again.
YOu do not need to respond.
LInda+

December 18, 2010 at 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home