This Page

has been moved to new address

Equality in Marriage

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Equality in Marriage

Women Living Well Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Equality in Marriage



4 years ago at St. Josephs Beach in Michigan
 This quote below is taken from Girl Talk Blogs


I LOVE it so much I had to share it with you all!

"I once had a lively discussion with a brother who insisted that in his relationship everything was equal, and that this was the hallmark of their marriage. To him equal meant same and therefore interchangeable. He proudly rejected the idea of male initiation and female response. And what is more, he thought he was serving the cause of women in this.


I responded by saying that in my marriage, my wife and I never think about equality, though if forced to think about it we would affirm our mutual worth before God. Instead, I see my wife as better and more precious than I--of greater worth. And I told him my wife took no offense in this matter. Indeed she gets upset with me precisely at the point when I start treating her as my equal. To her it feels like a step down."
~John Ensor, Doing Things Right In Matters of the Heart, p. 95


 
Walk with the King!

This post is linked to Titus 2sdays, We Are That Family and Raising Homemakers.


Today is Women Living Well Wednesday! It's a Link-Up Day!!!


Join the fun, do a little blog hopping and don't forget if you join below -please add the Women Living Well Wednesdays button to your post so your readers can find us here! (posts can include the topics of marriage, parenting, homemaking, finances, recipes, organization and more!)

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

sorry Courtney! i ended up posting twice. It wasn't working for some reason...or so I thought! You can delete one!

June 21, 2011 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger Quirky Homemaker said...

Thanks for hosting!

June 22, 2011 at 12:38 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I had to comment on the photo of you and your husband at silver beach in st. joe, MI. This is the exact spot my husband asked me to marry him! This place is so special to me. I love the photo of you two there!
Kelly

June 22, 2011 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Sharon Wang said...

Would it be wrong to casually send the second quote to my hubby???? ;) I love it!

June 22, 2011 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger NCSue said...

Thank you for hosting. I'm a new follower, and a God-lover.
I have a page on my site that lists more than 300 hops, memes, and photo challenges… some for each day of the week. Yours is listed there, too! Check under the header for the link to that page. I’ve also started a BlogFrog community that focuses on hops, carnivals, memes, and photo challenges. Go to http://theblogfrog.com/1504201 to visit & participate.
NCSue

June 22, 2011 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Kelly - that's SO fun!!! It is so beautiful there!!! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon - lol ;-)

Courtney

June 22, 2011 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Stam said...

Amen, thanks for sharing

June 22, 2011 at 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anna said...

I read that quote on Girl Talk and really enjoyed it. I know it should apply also to me as a wife - I should be treating my husband as if he is worth more than myself, for isn't that how we are called to treat all other people, especially the one God has given us as our spouse?

I know that when I am demanding equality, that is when conflict often arises, but when I am seeking to give to him and he to me, there is such a beautiful harmony.

June 22, 2011 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Traci Michele said...

Great quote friend.

<3 Traci

June 22, 2011 at 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Sade Tagbo said...

Well Said!

June 22, 2011 at 5:29 PM  
Anonymous Dawn@OneFaithfulMom said...

This is my first time linking up here. Thanks for the opportunity! I'm number 125. I've read your blog at times before, but will be adding you to my favorites today!!

June 22, 2011 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Love this Courtney!

June 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What a great quote. I'm so glad to be treated royally in my marriage. I certainly don't 'deserve' it, but it sure helps! Thanks for posting this.

June 23, 2011 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

: ) I always love coming here. You make me smile.

June 24, 2011 at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home