This Page

has been moved to new address

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Homemade Poppyseed Dressing

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Strawberry Spinach Salad with Homemade Poppyseed Dressing

Women Living Well Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Homemade Poppyseed Dressing


Janelle, from Comfy In the Kitchen, is back again with a great summer salad recipe!

 
This is one of  my all-time favorite salads! it tastes delicious, is absolutely beautiful, and can be doubled. I have actually quadrupled the recipe for church functions and have had many people ask to take "doggy bags" home because they enjoyed it so much :) 

 If you have been asked to "bring a side" to a picnic... this would be an amazing salad to bring because of the gorgeous coloring. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do...I make it often!  

Let me calm you..it is not scary to make your own dressing!!! I promise! Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, poppy seeds, sesame seeds (you may not have these- they are with the spices in the grocery store)

Whisk together- that is IT! Now you can breath..AHhhhhh... 

I use pre-packaged baby spinach and just toss it in a nice bowl (I do not remove my stems), then add sliced strawberries and slivered almonds.
Strawberry Spinach Salad


1 10oz bag of baby spinach (or appx 6 cups of leaves)
2 cups sliced strawberries (I use an entire plastic container)
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 tsp worcestershire
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1/4 cup minced white onion


Whisk all the dressing ingredients together. Place clean spinach in a bowl and top with sliced strawberries and almonds. Toss with dressing.

Thank you Janelle!!!!

Walk with the King!
If you are looking for more recipes or have one to share - visit Janelle's new link-up today!


You can follow Janelle on her own blog Comfy In The Kitchen or on Facebook and Twitter.

I am participating in Titus 2sdays, and Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, recipe exchanges. I am also linked up to Raising Homemakers Weds. link up and Works For Me Wednesday! For more blogger recipes go to these links.
Beauty and Bedlam 

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I absolutely love this type of salad.

June 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger 4Me2Know said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

I am TOTALLY making this. I just happened to buy spinach and strawberries tonight (my local Meijer, $1 each). Bought almonds for 75¢ this past week at Kroger. ALL IN! Thanks, Janelle (and Courtney too). My family will love this, I believe.
Blessings,
Toni

June 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger All Things Beautiful said...

I make a similar salad except I add chopped pear and gorgonzola cheese also.

June 9, 2011 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Wow...and here I thought I made a good strawberry salad. Not quite...but this one sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Suzanne

June 9, 2011 at 11:24 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

I've never tried strawberries in a salad - how fun!

Cxx

June 10, 2011 at 4:20 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

We had day camp at church this past week and had to bring our lunches each day. I made this salad for the first time to take to camp. Oh my goodness is it GOOD!!!!

June 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger Janelle Nehrenz said...

Julie, so happy everyone enjoyed your salad!!!! YEA! Thanks ladies, may you have many happy memories enjoying this one with your family and friends. Love to you, Janelle

June 10, 2011 at 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This salad looks wonderful! Did I miss the measurements for the dressing?? I usually buy poppyseed dressing, but would love to make my own. Thanks!

June 10, 2011 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Corrine said...

My family lives on this recipe in the summer. I grill chicken breast, and we all have a heaping plate of our favorite spinach strawberry salad! So delicious!
Hope you all love it as much as I do!

June 10, 2011 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'd like the measurements for the dressing too.....I'm a recipe follower and not adventurous.

June 10, 2011 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Oooops!!! They were there and then they did a disappearing act!!! Sorry about that - they are there now!
Courtney

June 10, 2011 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Julieann said...

This is such an amazing salad:) It is so pretty. It is good with a little cheese in it too, like feta;)

Happy Day!

Julieann

June 10, 2011 at 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks so tasty! I must make this soon. :)

June 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I make a salad like this but instead of almonds I use sunflower seeds and a raspberry vinaigrette. It is such a refreshing and well, pretty salad!

June 11, 2011 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger http://www.joyfilleddays.com said...

We eat salads with fruit all of the time. We love blueberries and strawberries in it and gorgonzola cheese, too.
In the fall I use pear, craisins,(my dad is an Ocean Spray cranberry grower!) sugared pecans and gorgonzola.
I add grilled chicken or beef strips to make it a meal. :)
Sarah
www.joyfilleddays.wordpress.com

June 12, 2011 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Bird Stalker Photography said...

oh this sounds awesome. I love stawberry's and that dressing sounds delish.

June 14, 2011 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Traci Michele said...

This looks amazing! What a fun salad to make for get togethers! Thanks!

<3 Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations
http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

June 14, 2011 at 3:27 PM  
Anonymous Research Paper said...

Thank you for all these wonderful recipe...

June 15, 2011 at 7:38 AM  
Anonymous Stacy said...

Wow, this look amazing!! This is my favorite type of salad! I'd like to invite you to post this link over at my Menu Mondays recipe link up. http://myfaithandfamily.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/menu-mondays-split-pea-soup/

June 15, 2011 at 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home