This Page

has been moved to new address

Mailbag Question: Smiling At Home

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Mailbag Question: Smiling At Home

Women Living Well Blog

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mailbag Question: Smiling At Home

My mailbag is PACKED full!!! And this question was asked a lot so I thought I'd start here:



Here's an email from Jamie: "I am a stay at home mom of a 3 and 5 yr old. i would love to be like you for my husband but I just can't seem to keep my house clean, clothes washed and still find time for myself. How do you do it and still keep a cheery face on?"








The video above answers "how I stay happy in the home" - but in regards to how I do it all...I use a daily/weekly schedule. It will not work for every personality type. But for me a schedule works. Some of my old schedules are posted, so browse through them if you think they could be helpful. When I went back to reread my fall schedule, I see that I have already changed a few things that weren't working for me. But you will have an idea of my goals.


Please feel free to offer advice in the comment section if you have found something that works for you! My way is certainly not the only way and we can all learn from each other.


Walk with the King!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

I use the following schedule each week for housekeeping:
Monday - Menu and Market
I use the weekly ads and coupons do help me make a menu for the week. I write up a grocery list and then shop. Sometimes I do this after the kids are in bed for the night.
Tuesday - Toilets and Towels
I clean all the bathrooms and wash, dry, and replace the towels.
Wednesday - Wash
I try to get all the laundry washed, folded, and put away.
Thursday - Dust
Since this is the only task for the day, I usually do door frames and baseboards, too.
Friday - Floors
Depending on the need, I sweep, vacuum, and mop.
If I stick to this schedule, I am only doing housework for 20 minutes to an hour a day (except Wednesday, but laundry can sit anyhow), and I have the rest of the day to devote to whatever I choose. Also, there are no housekeeping chores for the weekend. We can all play!

November 11, 2009 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Nicki - wow!!! Your alliteration for the days is awesome!!! I love your schedule!!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!! I must admit - it's tempting for me to switch my schedule around just so the days match with the title of work!!

Thank you so much for sharing what works for you!!!
Courtney

November 11, 2009 at 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your video blog today Courtney!!! What a wonderful reminder to give our husbands and children our best, but we can't do that without our loving God! Thanks for the encouragement!

-Angela

November 11, 2009 at 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Lecia said...

You are such an encouragement! I think you have always shown on your blog that it is Jesus living in you that makes the difference. We can't do it on our own, but with Him all things are possible. Amazing how the old self begins to die and He begins to live when we are in His Word!

November 12, 2009 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger Svee said...

I found your post through the Rachael Ray show and I am so glad that I did. Reading your posts help to remind me of what it is to live for the Lord daily and that is really my main goal in life. Yesterday, my husband and I got into a disagreement which at first I was very mad at him about. Then I remembered your post about husbands needing respect and wives needing to feel loved and I realized that I had hurt his pride in an area which is why he reacted like he did. It helped me to be more understanding and show him Gods love through my actions. Thank you so much for your advice. Please keep the blogs coming, I really need them.

God Bless,
Sherry

November 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You Courtney.
I found your blog from the Woodshed (I am Hislamb) over there.
Thank you.
it is awesome. you are very encouraging.
I had a question though, your blog is very hard for me to see everything on, do you know about how to fix that?
thanks
April

November 17, 2009 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

April - I am sorry about the slow loading of the page. I use internet explorer and everything opens fine for me. But I've been told in Fire Fox it loads really slowly. I reduced the number of posts on the main page and some of the "widgets". I was hoping that made a difference? I guess it didn't - I don't know html so I'm in a pickle as to how to fix it - I'm so sorry. :-(
Courtney

November 17, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home