This Page

has been moved to new address

I'm a Wonder Woman Wannabe!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: I'm a Wonder Woman Wannabe!

Women Living Well Blog

Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm a Wonder Woman Wannabe!

In the month of June I studied Proverbs during my morning quiet times. I read one chapter a day for 30 days. Now here in July, I have been dwelling on Proverbs chapter 31. Have you ever read Proverbs 31? The Godly woman described here is truly a Wonder Woman! Here's some of what this Godly woman does in her week...

She works with eager hands
Brings her food from far off
Gets up while it is dark to prepare for her day
Stays up late working
Provides food for her family
Considers a field, buys it, and plants a vineyard
She works vigorously
Her arms are strong for her tasks
She sews her family's clothes
She helps the poor
Her husband is respected
She speaks with wisdom
She watches over the affairs of her house
She does not eat the bread of idleness
She fears God
Oh my - this woman is Wonder Woman!!! I'm a Wonder Woman Wannabe!!!





Please do not ever think because I write this blog I think I have it all together. I do not want to deceive you into thinking this - I am on a journey to living well - and no one will live perfectly well - till we are with our sweet Savior in heaven - but until then I am striving to be a woman who works with the attitudes of the Proverbs 31 woman - to be eager as I manage my home. To work vigorously serving my family and not get stuck at my computer all day long (hehe! as I am tempted to do). To not eat the bread of idleness but to have a plan for the day and accomplish it.

If you are tempted to be lazy, whiny, cranky, or bored with your housework - I want to challenge you to sit for 10 minutes and just soak in Proverbs 31:10-31. Pray that God exchanges your grumpy heart for an eager one!
And remember - keeping your children entertained all day long does not lead to Godliness. Bring them along side of you as you work with eager hands and train them also to have an eager heart as they work to the glory of God! When you don't give children a focus - they focus on themselves.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Joyfull said...

Fantastic post! Proverbs is a wonderful place to have devotions. Proverbs 31 is so rich in encouragement. Loved your thoughts on keeping a focus in front of the children. Blessings to you today!

July 13, 2009 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Awesome post! I came over because I LOVED your comment today at the well. I AGREE wholeheartedly with your comments.

Blessings, Courtney.

July 13, 2009 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger Mamatoosi said...

Yes, yes and yes! Lovely post.

July 14, 2009 at 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home