This Page

has been moved to new address

Feedback Friday - What books are you reading?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Feedback Friday - What books are you reading?

Women Living Well Blog

Friday, March 20, 2009

Feedback Friday - What books are you reading?

It's Feedback Friday! The last time I asked this question - "What books are you currently reading or have lying around on your nightstand?" - I answered:



1.) Taking Care of the Me in Mommy - Realistic tips for becoming a better mom - spirit, body and soul by Lisa Whelchel

2.) On Becoming Child Wise - Parenting Your Child From three to seven years by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam

3.) Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes... in you and your kids! by Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller


I've completed all three books and they all have enriched my life in different ways. So I've moved on and have begun just yesterday two new books:


1.) The Duggars: 20 and Counting - Raising one of America's largest families - How they do it by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar


2.) His Name is Jesus - The Promise of God's Love Fulfilled (The birth, mission, death, resurrection and legacy of Jesus) by Max Lucado


As you prepare your heart for Easter, nothing is better than to read the gospels. But I also highly recommend the author Max Lucado. If you have a Lucado book collecting dust on your shelf - pick it up and read it again. His writing always stirs my soul. If you do not have a Lucado book - your local library most definately will have some on their shelves or you can go to amazon.com.


So I'm looking for feedback! What books are you currently reading? Any suggestions or lemons?


Walk with the King!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Regina Coblentz said...

I am currently reading (it's actually a study) a book called "A Woman of Moderation" by Dee Brestin. This book has been so good for me. It's about breaking the chains of poor eating habits. I long to be a healthy person because this body is the Lord's temple. This book as helped me to "hunger" for his word. I am learning how to tell the difference between "physical hunger & soul hunger." What a blessing this book as been. I read scripture along with it and did not realize how much God's word warns us about gluttony. I would recommend this book to anyone who feels like they are a slave to food. I feel like I am no longer in chains. I praise God!! It was an eye opener for me.

March 20, 2009 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Gina - I loved this workbook!!! It taught me how to fast - and had a lot of great quotes by John Piper! It definately has made me think differently about food! Great suggestion - I second it!!!

March 20, 2009 at 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recent: The Lotus and The Cross-- Jesus Talks with Buddha by Ravi Zacharias. I doubt this will be one everyone will run right out and borrow from the library, but if you feel led to understand where other people are coming from in their "religious" beliefs this is a very quick read but yet it does a great job making sense of the complicated belief system of Buddhism.

Few Years Back: In my opinion a "must read" :-) The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn-- Another quick read that will help your understanding of God's view of money and our "treasures". If you are just starting to trust Him in this area of life it will be a great encouragement! If you have been surrendered with all that you have for years it is still a wonderful tool and it will challenge you to evaluate what truly has eternal value!

I also enjoy biographies some have been, Corrie Ten Boom, D.L. Moody (in process of that), David Livingstone, Jim Elliot.

I've learned much through many many books by Elizabeth Elliot as well!

Ongoing: I have read so many parenting books over the years, and still do enjoy and recommend different ones. I have learned though with my personality to be cautious and take them in stride. I'm sure we'd all agree that the best teacher for becoming a better "anything" is Jesus and His Book and letting it transform us into His likeness!

March 20, 2009 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

I just finished reading a book hot off the press. It was written by a friend from college (MBI) her name is Molly Maddox Sabourin and the book is called Close to Home.

Here is what the back of the book says, "Close to Home is for every young mother who's ever wished children came with an instruction manual; who's ever longed for just one quiet minute to finish a thought or utter a prayer; who's ever despaired of perfecting herself in time to become a good example for her children; who's ever wondered why "happily ever after" takes so darn much work. With courage, humor, and unflinching honesty, Molly Sabourin addresses all these frustrations and more - offering not answers or solutions, but a new perspective, a pat on the shoulder, a reassuring "I've been there too, and there is hope." Those who share her "quest for patience, peace and perseverance" will see themselves in these pages, laugh a little, cry a little, and close the book with new strength to continue the quest."

The book was really good and I would recommend it to any Mom. It is available at the link below:

http://www.conciliarpress.com/close-to-home-the-book.html

March 20, 2009 at 5:17 PM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Diana - I agree - there's no book better than the Bible! Ravi is a great read! I haven't read a book by him in years!

Daningo - hey girl! So good to see you here! Thanks for suggesting this new book - it sounds really good! - I'm gonna follow your link! And I see you have a blog too! That was fun to visit! Thanks for sharing!

March 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

A Woman of Moderation will be my next read it sounds great-thanks Gina!

Right now I am reading a lot about gardening...not very spiritual but very helpful;)

I am reading Ordinary People, Extraordinary Faith by Joni Eriksen Tada. Each chapter is a story about a person of great faith and what they have overcome in their life. Very inspiring book!

March 21, 2009 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I like your book list... the "complaining" one I may need to check out... I can always use helpful tips on that one! ~ kim

March 22, 2009 at 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished the Twilight series - again, and now I am trying out The Host. Pretty good so far. Thanks for visiting my blog.

March 24, 2009 at 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home