This Page

has been moved to new address

Cute Piggy Cookies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: Cute Piggy Cookies

Women Living Well Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cute Piggy Cookies


Janelle is getting Comfy In the Kitchen again! She says "I found this wonderful recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. I decided to make them for my son’s school picnic and the children loved them! Hearing their giggles was worth every step! Now, I am asked to make these little cuties every year."

(I give my children a cookie, a spoon of frosting, and the toppings on the side and let them have fun making their own.)


Make your dough (as directed) and scoop into Tablespoons onto an un-greased cookie sheet

Bake @ 375 for 10-12 mins or until edges are lightly browned

Cool on racks



Start doing your "prep work" by cutting strawberry wafers into quarters then cutting them horizontally (these will be be the piggy ears)



Slice marshmallow in half

Use the "sticky" side of the marshmallow to place butterscotch chips- I did not poke holes as directed, I simply pushed them in- (This is the piggy snout)


Make your frosting as directed using powdered sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and red food coloring


Mix Well


Frost cooled cookies


Add the snout


then the mini-choc chips (eyes) and the strawberry wafers (ears)

Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt


FROSTING/DECORATING:
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
6 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 to 4 drops red food coloring
Pink sugar wafer cookies
36 large marshmallows, halved
Butterscotch chips and miniature semisweet chocolate chips


Directions
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.


Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and food coloring. Frost cookies.

Cut sugar wafers into triangles; place two on each cookie for ears. With a toothpick, poke two holes in each marshmallow half for nostrils; press butterscotch chips into holes. Place noses on cookies; add chocolate chip eyes. Yield: 6 dozen


Walk with the King!



Follow Janelle on Facebook and Twitter.


I am participating in What's Cooking Wednesday, Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, Dining With Debbie , Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Tuesdays at the Table recipe exchanges. I am also linked up to Raising Homemakers Weds. link up! For more blogger recipes go to these links.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger LouAnneL said...

Those are so cute! Can't wait to make them with the kiddos. :-)

October 20, 2010 at 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love these! Thanks!

October 20, 2010 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Katja said...

Janelle - you are my hero! These cookies are just perfect!!! Can't wait to try them out!!!

October 20, 2010 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

OMG, those are SO cute! My sister loves pigs so I'm going to send this to her!

October 20, 2010 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Janelle Nehrenz said...

Have fun my Friends!!! May these put a little joy into the lives of your little ones....Proverbs 15:30
A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bone! ~Janelle

October 20, 2010 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Mrs. K said...

These are great! I have been planning a 3 little pigs Muffin Monday snack and these will be perfect. And thank you, Lisa, for the idea of sending them on...my MIL loves pigs (and cookies :o) and my boys will love making them for Grandma!

October 20, 2010 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Kay Little said...

These are so cute...have to make them with my grandchildren. I am always refreshed when I find a blog that is all about the Kingdom of God..now following your blog! Blessings, K

October 20, 2010 at 1:33 PM  
Anonymous April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Oh these are adorable! What a great idea - and they look yummy too!

October 20, 2010 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger HBrummett said...

Hello! I am so happy to find your blog! I am stopping by from the ifellowship hop. I look forward to reading more from you! I'd love for you to Stop by and follow me too! http://livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com/2010/10/today-is-gift-from-god.html

October 20, 2010 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger LBDDiaries said...

Amazing looking cookies - but not on my "to eat" list - but I can look!!

October 21, 2010 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Pickel said...

OH MY!!! Those are SO precious!! I love it!! :)

oxox-Camille

October 22, 2010 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

Absolutely adorable. These look yummy too. I don't know why piggies are so cute, but I love them.

October 26, 2010 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger annies home said...

these are so super cute

October 26, 2010 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, these really are incredibly cute. I never would have thought to use those pink sugar wafers. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

October 27, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home