This Page

has been moved to new address

What To Do If Your Husband Is Not the Spiritual Leader

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Women Living Well Blog: What To Do If Your Husband Is Not the Spiritual Leader

Women Living Well Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

What To Do If Your Husband Is Not the Spiritual Leader

It's Marriage Monday and today I'm addressing a Mailbag Question.

We all come into marriage with expectations.


Maybe we imagined praying together, family devotions and our husband leading the way to church each Sunday. Then life happens. Praying together is forced. Evenings spent car pooling the kids to ball games and finishing up homework push out family devotion time. And our exhausted, hard working husband decides skipping church is a good idea! Ugh!


Suddenly you become disgruntled. You begin to think critical and bitter thoughts towards your husband. Before you know it, your thoughts start slipping out and they are words. Your husband feels judged, you feel like he’s not listening to you OR worse – God, and it’s a stalemate.
I received this email from a reader:


My dilemma is that my husband refuses to be the spiritual leader in our home. He doesn’t take a stance that we WILL be attending both regular church services and special meetings. He doesn’t lead us in family devotions or prayer time. He doesn’t set standards in our home that are to be followed (I’m speaking here of television/movie viewing, clothing choices, etc.)… I have prayed a lot about this issue. My question is how do I encourage my husband to take his God-given role without nagging him? And, what do I do in the meantime? I do not feel I should lead the family in devotions.

Sorry to put a cliff hanger here - but last Wednesday I answered this question on Sarah Mae's site! So, to read how I answered this mailbag question click on this link to Like a Warm Cup of Coffee!

Walk with the King!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Courtney,
I read your blog and followed the link...wonderful post! My husband and I are not entirely in the same place and I agree...it's okay to help each other out:-)
I also met Sarah Mae through this so thank you for that:-)
Hugs,
Suzanne

April 12, 2010 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Hi Courtney,

I personally walked through this for years before my husband came to the Lord. Your post today inspired me to share a bit about that at my blog today.

http://gracelikerain-theresa.blogspot.com/2010/04/walking-alone.html

April 12, 2010 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger Traylor Branch Farm said...

I have a (slightly) different take on this. I left a post on Sarah Mae's page...

April 12, 2010 at 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Julie@comehaveapeace said...

Thanks for touching on such a "touchy" topic but one that is right where we live. Our response here goes right back to our heart condition.

Glad you linked up to Marriage Mondays today, Courtney!
Blessings,
Julie

April 12, 2010 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

HB - I commented back to ya over at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee :-)!
Much Love,
Courtney

April 12, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home